This week on Throwback Thursday’s Art Rewind, we’re taking you back 20 years (almost) to the land of 1995, when men were men and boys were in boy bands. So impress your friends with your trivia chops, relive your glory days, or just find out what the heck happened in the world of art in 1995. And tune in to First Knight starring Sean Connery, Julia Ormond, and Richard Gere on Thursday, October 23rd at 8 ET/5 PT.
And Now, Your 1995 Art Rewind…
1. The Wayans Bros. starring Shawn and Marlon Wayans makes its debut on The WB. Shawn and Marlon were already popular from their appearances on In Living Color, and the show would run for five seasons.
2. Alanis Morissette releases her landmark 90s album, Jagged Little Pill, giving voice to angsty, post-grunge women everywhere. Oh yeah, and also winning a Grammy for Album of the Year.
3. Frank McCourt publishes Angela’s Ashes, his moving memoir of growing up in an impoverished Irish family. The book went on to win a Pulitzer Prize, and for a while just about everyone was reading it.
4. Pierce Brosnan shows us his 007 face as the newest incarnation of James Bond in the mega-hit Goldeneye. With a theme song by Tina Turner and Sean Bean as the bad guy, this one still holds up as a great Bond film.
5. The Cranberries predict one of today’s major entertainment obsessions with their eternally awesome song, Zombie…oh no, wait, it’s a song about real-world warfare.