International Drama Series Riviera Starring Julia Stiles, Elizabeth and Her Enemies with Lily Cole and Masters of Photography with Isabella Rossellini are Among the Titles Set to Premiere on Ovation and Ovation NOW
MIPCOM: Cannes, France – October 17, 2017 Ovation, America’s only arts network, has struck a licensing deal with Sky Vision for 40 hours of programming, including the international hit drama series Riviera, which will have its US broadcast premiere on Ovation, as well as linear and digital rights to a number of world-class documentaries. The announcement was made today by Ovation EVP of Programming Scott Woodward and Sky Vision SVP, US Sales and Acquisitions Gillian Rose.
Riviera (10 x 60’), starring Julia Stiles (Jason Bourne), Lena Olin (Vinyl, Alias), Adrian Lester (Hustle), Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones), and Anthony LaPaglia (Without a Trace), was a recent ratings winner on Sky Atlantic with over 15 million downloads in the UK alone.
The series follows Georgina Clios (Stiles), a Midwestern art curator whose life is turned upside down after the death of her billionaire husband Constantine Clios (LaPaglia) in a yacht accident. Georgina becomes immersed in a world of lies, double-dealing and crime, as she seeks to uncover the truth about her husband’s death. Riviera was created by Neil Jordan (The Crying Game, The Borgias) and co-written by Jordan and John Banville (The Sea).
In addition, Ovation has acquired linear and digital rights to several documentaries, including:
• Dancing for Russia (1 x 60’) – This documentary follows former Royal Ballet dancer Deborah Bull as she enters the world of the Bolshoi Ballet to look at what makes it a world-class ballet company. Produced by Unique.
• Elizabeth and her Enemies (Season 1 – 3 x 60’) – Actress and model Lily Cole plays Elizabeth I throughout her reign, from young princess to mature queen. Historians Dr. Suzannah Lipscomb and Dan Jones tell a heady tale of jealousy, treachery, ambition, and tragedy alongside lavish dramatizations that transport viewers back to the key events that shaped Elizabeth and England. Produced by Oxford Film & TV/Group M.
• Master of Photography (Season 1 – 8 x 60’, Season 2 – 8 x 60’) An international panel of photography experts selected 12 contestants from all over Europe to take part in the Master of Photography competition. Each week, they will face a new task which will test their technical and artistic capabilities. Produced by Sky Art Production Hub.
• The Art Show (8 x 60’) – Each week, this series travels to one of the world’s great art cities, such as Venice, Mexico City, and Istanbul, to seek out seminal works of the past to show how they reflect history as well as the contemporary art of today. Produced by Infinity Creative Media.
• Whiskey Business (4 x 30) – Filmed over a full year, this series follows Jack and Stephen Teeling, two brothers trying to fulfill their dream of continuing a 130-year-old family tradition of distilling quality Irish whiskey. Produced by TV3 Television Network.
“This programming package really hits on a lot of our targets,” said Scott Woodward, EVP, Programming, Ovation. “We have had a lot of success with international dramas series and Riviera, being a story ensconced in the world of art, is right in our wheelhouse. The documentaries are also top-notch and firmly in the realm of art and culture. We’re very pleased that we were able to work with Sky Vision to secure US rights for our linear and digital platforms.”
Gillian Rose, Senior Vice President, US Sales and Acquisitions, Sky Vision said, “We are delighted to be working with Ovation to bring their viewers such a wide range of great new entertainment. From Riviera to Whiskey Business, there is something in the new lineup for everyone to enjoy.”
About Ovation TV… Ovation TV is America’s Only Arts Network
As an independent television, production and digital media company, Ovation TV has an unparalleled commitment to the arts, culture and captivating entertainment. Showcasing a line up of critically-acclaimed premium dramas, arts-related specials and documentaries, and iconic films, the network is available to nearly 50M subscribers via cable, satellite and telco systems, including Comcast Cable/Xfinity, DIRECTV/AT&T U-verse, SPECTRUM, Verizon FiOS, as well as on VOD. Ovation TV programming is also available via the network’s app, Ovation NOW. The company is also dedicated to the arts through The Ovation Foundation, a non-profit organization which advocates for the arts, nationally and locally, and has provided more than $15M in contributions and in kind support to arts institutions and arts education. You can follow Ovation TV on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and on OvationTV.com